Whether you are looking for resources for yourself or for someone you are supporting, this section of the website is designed to provide a range of information about rape and sexual violation.
This section includes information about:
- Definitions of rape and sexual violation
- What the New Zealand law says about sexual violation and rape
- Types of sexual violation including date rape, partner rape, drug rape and incest (family rape)
- What resources (pamphlets, books etc) are available about rape and sexual violation
- Sexual violation and the online environment
You will also find a FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) page.
There is a also range of information provided for kids, young people, caregivers/parents, and male survivors of sexual violation. Or, you can take a look at the discussion and resources page to check out an article about post traumatic stress disorder and sexual violation, and view the latest news from RPE.
If you are interested in finding out about the treatment services available for the perpetrators of sexual abuse, please visit the Safe Network website.
We hope that this section provides the information you are looking for. If there is something you are interested in finding out about that is not listed here, please contact us, as we are happy to help.